let’s start by showing you (copied from Google ) a clear picture of Google’s own Network
Googles connection options
G cloud interconnection options :
Cloud VPN (Virtual Private Networks)
Now let’s create two networks in separate regions and establish VPN tunnels between them such that a VM in one network can ping a VM in the other network over its internal IP.
In this lab, you learn how to perform the following tasks:
- Create two custom networks and associated subnetwork
- Create VPN gateways in each network
- Establish static routes to enable the gateways to pass traffic
- Configure static routes to pass traffic to the VPN gateway
- Establish firewall rules to enable ICMP and SSH traffic
Create the networks
Create the utility VMs
Create the firewall rules
Verify network connectivity
You should be able to ping the external IP of server-2, but not its internal IP
in case of internal connection :
Create and prepare the VPN gateways
Create forwarding rules for both vpn gateways
Create tunnels and Create static routes and finally
Verify VPN connectivity
Verify server-1 to server-2 connectivity
- In the GCP Console, on the Navigation menu, click Compute Engine > VM instances.
- For server-1, click SSH to launch a terminal and connect.
- To test connectivity to server-2‘s internal IP, run the following command:
ping -c 3 <insert server-2's internal IP here>
- Exit the server-1 SSH terminal.
- For server-2, click SSH to launch a terminal and connect.
- To test connectivity to server-1‘s internal IP, run the following command:
ping -c 3 <insert server-1's internal IP here>
You set up virtual private networking (VPN) between two subnets in different regions. This lab required you to perform most of the configuration from the command line. When you configure VPN using the GCP Console, many of the steps are automated. One purpose of this lab is to show you how to configure VPN manually, so that you will better understand what the GCP Console does automatically. This can help in troubleshooting a configuration.
to follow this tutorial click this link